Due to an additional supply of COVID-19 vaccines, appointments, including same-day appointments, are currently available at the Sumter County Civic Center.
Same-day appointments are available daily at the Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital site, 700 W. Liberty St., and the system's four other sites statewide, while supplies last and can be made through Prisma's MyChart appointment scheduling system.
Check your MyChart account or call 833-2PRISMA to schedule. For more information, visit https://prismahealth.org/vaccine.
All South Carolinians 16 and older are eligible to get the vaccine. Prisma offers the Pfizer vaccine, which is the only of the three vaccines approved in the U.S. available to those aged 16-18.
Minors do not need a parent or guardian to get a vaccine. They can give their own consent.
If you are eligible and have a computer and email access:
• Schedule your appointment through MyChart, Prisma Health's patient portal. If you don't have an account, sign up now.
• Call 833-2PRISMA for help with signing up for MyChart.
• 16- and 17-year-olds must call 833-2PRISMA to create a MyChart account.
If you are eligible and do not have a computer:
• Ask a friend or family member with a smartphone or computer to help you create an email and register for an appointment.
• Call 833-2PRISMA for help with registering for an appointment.
Important reminders when going to your appointment:
• Prisma vaccination sites administer the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Individuals who received the Moderna vaccine as their first dose must find a Moderna site for their second dose.
• If you have it, bring identification, such as a driver's license or passport, and your insurance card when you visit a vaccination site.
• Do not bring companions unless you need physical assistance.
• If you are due for your second dose and do not have an appointment, schedule one through MyChart or call 833-2PRISMA. You can walk in to a Prisma vaccine center for your second dose (if supply is available).
More Articles to Read