Because of Hurricane Irma, the following cancellations or changes have been made:
• Sumter School District will open on a two-hour delay Tuesday.
• City of Sumter and Sumter County Government will have a two-hour delay start time on Tuesday.
• All city parks, including Swan Lake-Iris Gardens, will be closed Monday, Sept. 11, and Tuesday, Sept. 12.
• The Clarendon County Farm Bureau Annual Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 12, is canceled. The meeting will be rescheduled at a later date. Please continue to watch for a message from either the farm bureau state office or your county farm bureau for the rescheduled date. Please contact Kaitlin Alexander, county secretary, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
• The Shaw Air Force Base Main and BX Pharmacies will be closed through Wednesday, Sept. 13. 20th Medical Group leadership urges that only those who require life-sustaining medications use either pharmacy at this time.
• DSS Independent Living Youth Group meeting for Sumter County on Tuesday Sept. 12, is canceled. Contact: Patrice.firstname.lastname@example.org
• All City of Sumter sanitation services (trash pickups) for Monday and Tuesday have been canceled. All regular routes will resume Wednesday, Sept. 13.
• The American Legion Post 15 meeting scheduled for Monday, Sept. 11, has been canceled. Contact: Commander Jim Morris, (803) 468-3233
• Pinewood Town Council regular council meeting slated for Tuesday, Sept. 12, will now be held Tuesday, Sept. 19, at 6:30 p.m. at Pinewood Town Hall.
• Morris College classes are suspended until further notice.
• Laurence Manning Academy will be closed Monday, Sept. 11, and Tuesday, Sept 12.
• McLeod Health Clarendon Outpatient Rehabilitation, the Health and Fitness Center and Cardiac Rehabilitation will be closed on Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 11 and 12.
• All McLeod Physician Associates medical practices will be closed on Monday, Sept. 11.
• McLeod Oncology and Hematology Associates and Infusion Services will be closed on Monday, Sept. 11.
• McLeod Family Medicine Center will be closed on Monday, Sept. 11.
• All Central Carolina Technical College campuses will be closed Monday, Sept. 11, and begin two hours late on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
• Lee County School District will be closed on Monday, Sept. 11, and Tuesday, Sept. 12.
• Clarendon County Council will hold its regular meeting originally scheduled for Monday, Sept. 11, at 6 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 14.
• Clarendon School District 2 will close all schools Monday, Sept. 11, and Tuesday, Sept. 12.
• Sandhills Medical Foundation, Inc. will be closed on Monday, Sept. 11. Current patients seeking non-emergency medical assistance should call the after hours number at (803) 401-5966.
• The offices of Sumter Family Health Center, Carolina Women’s Specialists and Pinewood Health Center will be closed Monday, Sept. 11.
• SAFE Federal Credit Union and all its branches throughout the Midlands will be closed Monday, Sept. 11, with plans to resume all normal operations on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
• The Y will close at 6 p.m. Monday including all programming and operations in the main facility and gymnastics facility. The pools will close at 1:30 p.m.
•Claflin University in Orangeburg will remain closed Tuesday.
Send your cancellation to email@example.com.
More Articles to Read