ALIVE Praise & Worship Center, 342 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 20 - Open mic night for ages 18 and up at 6:30 p.m. Poetry, singing, music and spoken word. Free admission
Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Sunday - Missionary worship Sunday at 10 a.m. Minister Michelle Spann Robinson will speak.
Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday - United Methodist Women Tea at 4 p.m. Ruth B. Murray, of Greater Singletary AME Church, will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 14 - The Inspirational Choir's anniversary will be celebrated at 3:30 p.m. The Rev. Raymond Cook will speak. Theme: "Unto Thee, O Lord, Will We Sing Praises."
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Monday-Wednesday, Oct. 8-10 - Revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Monday, the Rev. Dale Edwards; Tuesday, the Rev. Leroy Blanding; and Wednesday, the Rev. Aaron Vaughn.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Cross Road Christian Fellowship / St. Peter BC, 845 Webb St., announces:
* Sunday - Initial sermon of Chiffon Hodge at 4 p.m.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The 110th anniversary of the church will be celebrated. All members, former members, former pastors and friends of the church are invited to attend. Lunch on the grounds is included. If you have any questions, call (803) 469-0160 and leave a message for someone to return your call.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 13 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Amanda Hill will speak. Join the group for a powerful teaching on "Rise Up ... A Call to Destiny." A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mayesville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, 109 W. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* The "Why the Battle?" study series will be presented on alternating Wednesdays running through Nov. 28 (Oct. 10 and 24 and Nov. 14 and 28). Presented via video as well as in-person speakers, the series addresses the divisiveness that many mainstream denominations are experiencing. It approaches the issues through the lens of core beliefs, theology and discipleship. A light supper will be served at 5 p.m. with the program following from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Deadline for meal registration was Sept. 10. Call (803) 453-5759, email email@example.com or visit online at www.mayesvillearpc.org. The series is presented by the Rev. Dr. Kendall Harmon, canon theologian of the Diocese of South Carolina, and the Rev. Al Zadig, rector of St. Michael's Church in Charleston. Rev. Zadig will be present for the Oct. 10 session.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - The Sumter Baptist M & E Association fellowship worship will be held at 5 p.m. Dr. W.T. Johnson, of Taw Caw Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 7 - Evangelist Savitrus McFadden will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 14 - Morris College day worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Leroy Staggers, Morris College president, will speak. Music will be provided by the Morris College Choir.
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - Deacons / deaconess ministry annual worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 28 - The Mass Choir's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
Open Bible Baptist Church, 180 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - Presentation by the Tabernacle Children's Home of Greenville at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Pastor Joey Durham will speak.
* Wednesday-Sunday, Oct. 3-7 - Missions conference at 7 nightly Wednesday-Saturday and 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday. Dr. Duain Whittemore will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 7 - The Inspirational Choir's anniversary program at 2 p.m.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Cross Anchor Quartet will perform at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will follow the concert. A love offering will be received and a nursery will be provided. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Today - Baptist Young Women's Bible Study at 7 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Sunday - State Missions for Janie Chapman Fund Drive at 10:30 a.m. Singspiration with Higher Calling at 6:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, Oct. 3 - "That the World May Know" video Bible study at 6:30 p.m.
* Friday, Oct. 5 - Ablaze service with Neal Welch at 7 p.m.
Reeseville AME Church, U.S. 521, Alcolu, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 7 - Homecoming at 2 p.m. The Rev. David Lawson will speak.
Refreshing Springs Kingdom Outreach Ministries, meets at Colony Square, 741 Bultman Drive, Suite 21, announces:
* Saturday - Kingdom United prayer breakfast at 10 a.m. with various speakers.
* Sunday - Family and friends day will be celebrated at 5 p.m.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - Pack-the-pew worship service at 3 p.m. The Rev. James Cabbagestalk, of St. Mark AME Church of Olanta, will speak.
Sumter Free Will Baptist of the Pentecostal Faith Church, 971 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Sunday-Friday, Oct. 5 - Lumbee Indian Revival at 6 p.m. on Sunday and 7:30 nightly Monday-Friday.
* Sunday, Oct. 7 - Homecoming at 11 a.m. The Rev. Wayne Locklear will speak.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Oct. 10-12 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Sandra Moss, pastor of Lamar Church of God of Lamar; Thursday, the Rev. William Amaker, of Wateree Church of God of Wateree; and Friday, the Rev. Dale Edwards, of New Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 13 - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring the Parsons Redeemed, Burning Bridges Ministry and Pastor Nat and Carleen Brown.
More Articles to Read