Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Missionary worship Sunday at 10 a.m. Minister Michelle Spann Robinson will speak.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Today - Fall Revival at 7 p.m. Pastor Harry Clark, of Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Monday-Wednesday, Oct. 8-10 - Revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Monday, the Rev. Dale Edwards; Tuesday, the Rev. Leroy Blanding; and Wednesday, the Rev. Aaron Vaughn.
Church Women United announces:
* Saturday - Salad luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at St. James Lutheran Church, 1137 Alice Drive. Donation of $5 per ticket requested. Tickets will be available at the door or your church representative. All proceeds go to local charities such as Emmanuel Soup Kitchen, United Ministries and more. Call Lois Parsons at (803) 778-1061 or Ollie James at (803) 481-0725.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Cross Road Christian Fellowship / St. Peter BC, 845 Webb St., announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Initial sermon of Chiffon Hodge at 4 p.m.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The 110th anniversary of the church will be celebrated. All members, former members, former pastors and friends of the church are invited to attend. Lunch on the grounds is included. If you have any questions, call (803) 469-0160 and leave a message for someone to return your call.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Sunday - The 13th anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Pastor Cheryl Giles Johnson, of St. James UME Church, will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 13 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Amanda Hill will speak. Join the group for a powerful teaching on "Rise Up ... A Call to Destiny." A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mayesville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, 109 W. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* The "Why the Battle?" study series will be presented on alternating Wednesdays running through Nov. 28 (Sept. 26, Oct. 10 and 24 and Nov. 14 and 28). Presented via video as well as in-person speakers, the series addresses the divisiveness that many mainstream denominations are experiencing. It approaches the issues through the lens of core beliefs, theology and discipleship. A light supper will be served at 5 p.m. with the program following from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Those planning to partake of the meal are asked to register by Sept. 10 by calling (803) 453-5759, emailing email@example.com or register online at www.mayesvillearpc.org. The series is presented by the Rev. Dr. Kendall Harmon, canon theologian of the Diocese of South Carolina, and the Rev. Al Zadig, rector of St. Michael's Church in Charleston. Rev. Zadig will be present for the Oct. 10 session.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - The 125th anniversary of the church and the homecoming worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m. Pastor O'Brien Winbish, of Peoples Community Baptist Church of Silver Springs, Maryland, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - The Sumter Baptist M & E Association fellowship worship will be held at 5 p.m. Dr. W.T. Johnson, of Taw Caw Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Open Bible Baptist Church, 180 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Presentation by the Tabernacle Children's Home of Greenville at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Pastor Joey Durham will speak.
* Wednesday-Sunday, Oct. 3-7 - Missions conference at 7 nightly Wednesday-Saturday and 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday. Dr. Duain Whittemore will speak.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Cross Anchor Quartet will perform at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will follow the concert. A love offering will be received and a nursery will be provided. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Saturday - Christian Music Day at Carowinds. Deadline to sign up is Sunday, Sept. 9, and fees are due that day. For details, call (803) 481-9688.
Refreshing Springs Kingdom Outreach Ministries, meets at Colony Square, 741 Bultman Drive, Suite 21, announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 29 - Kingdom United prayer breakfast at 10 a.m. with various speakers.
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Family and friends day will be celebrated at 5 p.m.
St. James United Methodist Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Sunday - Men's day celebration at 11 a.m. The Rev. Eulia C. Gadson will speak.
St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 648 Broad St., announces:
* Wednesday-Thursday, Sept. 26-27 - Revival at 7 nightly. Eugene Dennis and Lester Ragin will speak.
St. Mark AME Church, corner of First Street and Larry King Jr. Highway, Summerton, announces:
* Today - Revival at 7 p.m. The Rev. Antonio Green, pastor of Providence AME Church, Sugar Hill community of Manning, will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3632 Broad St. Ext., announces:
* Today - We Ignite will be presented at 7 p.m. Leadership will speak the word of the Lord.
More Articles to Read