Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Saturday - Giveaway from 8 a.m. until noon.
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Missionary worship Sunday at 10 a.m. Minister Michelle Spann Robinson will speak.
Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday - United Methodist women's tea at 4 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 107 E. Liberty St. Ruth B. Murray, of Greater Singletary AME Church of Marion, will speak.
* Sunday - The Inspirational Choir will celebrate its anniversary at 3:30 p.m.
Beulah AME Church, 3175 Florence Highway, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming and brotherhood union program at 1 p.m. The Rev. Frederick Graves, pastor of St. Paul AME Church, will speak.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 19-21 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly with speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Jerome Sumpter; Thursday, Pastor Donna Harvin Jackson, of Pine Hill AME; and Friday, Pastor Harry Clark, of Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church.
Church Women United announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 22 - Annual salad luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at St. James Lutheran Church, 1137 Alice Drive. Donation of $5 per ticket requested. Tickets will be available at the door or your church representative. All proceeds go to local charities such as Emmanuel Soup Kitchen, United Ministries and more. Call Lois Parsons at (803) 778-1061 or Ollie James at (803) 481-0725.
Clark United Methodist Church, 2980 U.S. 401 N., Oswego Highway, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 8 - Free home ownership workshop 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Call Jennifer Hannibal-Felder at (803) 757-8062.
Community Bible Church, 5711 Red Hill Road, Camden, announces:
* Sunday-Wednesday, Sept. 19 - Revival at 7 nightly. Dr. Richard Hughes will speak. There will be special music each night.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 21 - The 110th anniversary of the church will be celebrated. All members, former members, former pastors and friends of the church are invited to attend. Lunch on the grounds is included. If you have any questions, call (803) 469-0160 and leave a message for someone to return your call.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Today-Sunday - Women's Day weekend as follows: 6:30 p.m. today, game night; 9 a.m. Saturday, prayer breakfast, Dr. Belinda McKoy will speak; and 10:45 a.m. Sunday, worship service, Elder Belinda Randolph will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Pastor's aide anniversary celebration during 10:15 a.m. worship.
Love Covenant Church, 245 Oswego Road, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - Family and friends weekend as follows: 3-6 p.m. Saturday, cookout; and 11 a.m. Sunday, family and friends worship.
Mayesville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church, 109 W. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* The "Why the Battle?" study series will be presented on alternating Wednesdays running through Nov. 28 (Sept. 26, Oct. 10 and 24 and Nov. 14 and 28). Presented via video as well as in-person speakers, the series addresses the divisiveness that many mainstream denominations are experiencing. It approaches the issues through the lens of core beliefs, theology and discipleship. A light supper will be served at 5 p.m. with the program following from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Those planning to partake of the meal are asked to register by Sept. 10 by calling (803) 453-5759, emailing email@example.com or register online at www.mayesvillearpc.org. The series is presented by the Rev. Dr. Kendall Harmon, canon theologian of the Diocese of South Carolina, and the Rev. Al Zadig, rector of St. Michael's Church in Charleston. Rev. Zadig will be present for the Oct. 10 session.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 23 - The 125th anniversary of the church and the homecoming worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m. Pastor O'Brien Winbish, of Peoples Community Baptist Church of Silver Springs, Maryland, will speak.
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - The Sumter Baptist M & E Association fellowship worship will be held at 5 p.m. Dr. W.T. Johnson, of Taw Caw Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
New Covenant Presbyterian Church, 907 Legare St., announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - The 35th annual homecoming celebration as follows: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, community cookout; and 3 p.m. Sunday, homecoming worship, the Rev. Karey Poinsette, of St. Luke Presbyterian Church of Orangeburg, will speak.
Pinewood Baptist Church, 10 E. Fulton St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Cross Anchor Quartet will perform at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will follow the concert. A love offering will be received and a nursery will be provided. Call (803) 452-5373 or visit www.pinewoodbaptist.org.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
* Sunday - Offerings for Janie Chapman State Missions. Hand bells practice will be held at 5:15 p.m.
* Monday - Widow's luncheon at 11 a.m.
* Wednesday, Sept. 19 - Video Bible study "That the World May Know" at 6:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Sept. 22 - Christian Music Day at Carowinds. Deadline to sign up is Sunday, Sept. 9, and fees are due that day. For details, call (803) 481-9688.
Refreshing Springs Kingdom Outreach Ministries, meets at Colony Square, 741 Bultman Drive, Suite 21, announces:
* Saturday, Sept. 29 - Kingdom United prayer breakfast at 10 a.m. with various speakers.
* Sunday, Sept. 30 - Family and friends day will be celebrated at 5 p.m.
St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 648 Broad St., announces:
* Wednesday-Thursday, Sept. 26-27 - Revival at 7 nightly. Eugene Dennis and Lester Ragin will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming / friends and family day celebration at 3 p.m. Ranzy McFadden Jr., of St. John Baptist Church of Silver, will speak.
St. Luke AME Church, 2355 St. Paul Church Road, announces:
* Sunday - Sounds of Gospel musical program at 4 p.m.
St. Phillip UME Church, 1458 St. Phillip UME Church Road, Summerton, announces:
* Thursday, Sept. 20 - Revival at 7:30 p.m. Elder Barry Gadsden, presiding elder of the Charleston District, will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3632 Broad St. Ext., announces:
* Friday, Sept. 21 - We Ignite will be presented at 7 p.m. Leadership will speak the word of the Lord.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Today - Revival at 7:30 p.m. Evangelist Rod Wilkinson, of Salem Missionary Baptist Church of Rochester, New York, will speak.
Unity Universal Baptist Church announces:
* Saturday - Breaking Barriers and Bondage as Intercessors and Prayer Warriors Conference 2018 will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Westend Community Church, 101 S. Salem St. Speakers: Pastor Dr. Mattie P. Malachi, Minister Annisha Timmons, of Florence, and Pastor Gwendolyn Credle, of The Rock Church of Sumter. Visit paypal.me/UUBC to register.
More Articles to Read