Baptist Educational and Missionary Convention of South Carolina, Columbia, announces:
* Monday-Thursday, May 7-10 - The 141st annual session of the Baptist E&M Convention of South Carolina will convene at Morris College. Speakers will include: Dr. Jerry Young, Dr. Calvin Robinson, Dr. Ralph Canty, the Rev. George Windley Jr., and more. Dr. James Blassingame, convention president, will speak at 2 p.m. on Thursday. For more information, call (803) 931-8811, (864) 221-2359 or (803) 840-1029 or visit wwwbemsc.org.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Saturday, May 12 - Prayer breakfast at 8 a.m. The Rev. Jeanette M. Collins, of LaGree AME Church, will speak.
* Sunday, May 20 - Fruits of the Spirit at 3:30 p.m.
* Saturday, May 26 - Health fair at 8 a.m.
Cross Road Christian Fellowship / St. Peter BC, 845 Webb St., announces:
* Thursday-Sunday, May 17-20 - The 2018 Women of Faith Conference will be held as follows: 7:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 8:30 a.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. Sunday. Speakers include: Pastor Shawonder Scott-Sabb, of Kingstree Apostolic Faith Church; Pastor Maria Powell, of Fresh Start Upstate-FSU; Minister Linda Gallishaw; Pastor Bernice Mullins, Miniser Stacey Champagne and Pastor-elect Samantha White-Francis. Theme: "Letting Go To Walk Into My Kingdom Assignment."
Faith Missionary Baptist Church No. 1, 115 Laurel St., announces:
* Sunday - Communion will be observed at 10:30 a.m.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Sunday - The Gospel Melody-Aires 38th anniversary celebration will be held at 4 p.m.
Grant Hill Missionary Baptist Church, 5405 Black River Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday, May 19 - Church anniversary fish fry 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
* Sunday, May 20 - The 155th church anniversary will be celebrated during the 10 a.m. worship service.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion will follow 10:15 a.m. worship service.
* Sunday, May 13 - Mother's Day observance during 10:15 a.m. worship service.
* Saturday-Sunday, May 19-20 - The 150th church anniversary celebration will be held as follows: 5 p.m. Saturday, Pastor Keith Mayer Sr., of High Hill AME Church, will speak; and 10:15 a.m. Sunday, Pastor Richard Addison and the Hopewell Church family will speak.
House of Judah Worship Center, 3890 White Oak Drive, Manning, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, May 9-11 - Revival at 7 nightly. Apostle Cravon Smith, of New Dimension Church of Fayetteville, North Carolina, will speak.
Kingdom M-Pact Worship Center, 950 Miller Road, announces:
* Today-Sunday - The fifth anniversary of the church will be celebrated. On the program: Pastor Tracy Fleming and Power for Living Worship Center, Rep. J. David Weeks, Pastor Marion H. Newton and Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, May 12 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until noon. All ladies, all ages, are invited for a morning of worship, testimonies and special music. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Minister Henry Felder will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, May 20 - YWA ministry's anniversary will be celebrated at 10:45 a.m.
Mulberry Missionary Baptist Church, 1400 Mulberry Church Road, announces:
* Sunday - The unity choir's seventh anniversary will be celebrated at 4 p.m. Participating choirs: Reeseville, Galilee and St. Matthew.
* Sunday, May 20 - YWA anniversary celebration at 10:45 a.m. Pastor Larry Blanding will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Saturday - Annual Mayfest fun, food and fellowship beginning at 10 a.m. with a parade to Craftman Field.
* Friday, May 11 - The B.O.L.D. Ladies Society will host a royal spa soiree from 7 to 9 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
* Saturday, May 12 - The B.O.L.D. Ladies Society will sponsor a "Mommy and Me" luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Rev. Fredetra D. Harrington-Boyd will speak.
* Sunday, May 13 - Mother's Day worship service at 11 a.m., sponsored by the Women's Missionary Society. Minister Quantae Duncan will speak.
* Sunday, May 20 - Annual trustee worship service at 11 a.m.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday, May 20 - The church anniversary will be celebrated at 3 p.m. The Rev. Davie Brown, of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, will speak.
Sheppard Ministries announces:
* Saturday, May 26 - Southern Heritage Gospel Association's Soloist Singing from 1 to 9 p.m. at Weldon Auditorium, 7 Maple St., Manning. Tickets are $5 in advance or $8 at the door. Contact Chris Sheppard at (803) 464-3357 or the box office at (803) 433-7469. On the program: Doug Hudson, DJ Woodle, Jimmy Poston, Cynthia Vickery and many more.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Saturday - Free diabetes, prostate, BMI/BF and blood pressure community health screenings 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Call (803) 773-9900 or (803) 774-2273 to sign up. Food available for purchase will include hot dogs, sausage dogs, fried chicken sandwich, chips and drinks.
More Articles to Read