UNIVERSITY OF IOWA
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Amanda Redfoot, a native of Sumter, has been named to the University of Iowa's Dean's List for the spring 2018 semester.
AIKEN - The University of South Carolina Aiken congratulates those students who made the Dean's List for spring 2018. To earn this distinction, students must be enrolled full time and maintain a GPA of at least 3.5.
The following students achieved this honor:
- Bishopville - E'Va Benjamin;
- Turbeville - Malorie Berry;
- Sumter - Tyler Bialeschki, Kirsten Haase and Ryan Missildine;
- Lynchburg - Sydia Baggit; and
- Rembert - James Stukes.
Charleston Southern University
CHARLESTON - The following local residents have been named to the Dean's List for the spring 2018 semester at Charleston Southern University:
- Sumter - Thomas Zackery Cook, David Christopher White, Deja Alease Richardson, Megan Kelley Taylor, Christopher Tanner Brunson, Lindsey Cheyenne Barwick, Lauren Ashleigh Cain, April Darlene Overby, Kiana C. Griffin and Dustin Tyler Way; and
- Turbeville - Jesse Renee Beasley, Kirston Ansley McElveen and Tiffany Nichole Ricketts.
Students named to Charleston Southern's Dean's List earned a 3.5 GPA or better and earned 12 or more credit hours for the semester.
CLEMSON - Local residents have been named to the spring 2018 President's List at Clemson University.
- Bishopville - Hartley A. Craven and Zachary Tillman Smith;
- Dalzell - Madison V. Beasley;
- Lynchburg - Courtney D. Griffith;
- Rembert - Bennett C. Harrelson;
- Sumter - Mclean M. Achziger, Leah E. Barwick, Emily E. Bell, Gauge Nicholas Bethea, Ashleigh Watson Collins, Curtis-Lynne Edens, Brayden D. Fidler, Emma M. Frank, Mills S. Harvin, Sara A. Jackson, Sarah Delaney Johnson, Hannah L. Jordan, Catherine G. Kelley, William C. Kellogg, Paige E. Leighton, Ramon G. Schwartz and Hannah E. Voisin; and
- Wedgefield - Drake T. Morte.
To be named to the President's List, a student must achieve a 4.0 (all As) grade-point average.
The following local residents have been named to the Dean's List at Clemson University for the spring 2018 semester:
- Alcolu - Dakota N. Jackson;
- Bishopville - Kayla A. Jordan;
- Gable - Emily B. Durant;
- Lynchburg - Ellie W. Green, Wilson W. Josey and Ann C. Josey;
- Manning - Adam J. Forbes and Mitchell R. Gardner III;
- Mayesville - Coker W. Lowder;
- Pinewood - Danny Zhang;
- Rembert - Cadeshia Alexis Benjamin;
- Summerton - Megan E. Grams and Katey L. Schwendinger;
- Sumter - Leanne M. Amick, Kiana Rose Colclough, Patrick Bryant Collins, Jacob N. Crotts, Elizabeth K. Cunningham, Cora Lee Downer, Katherine G. Duffy, Jeremy Neil Edwards, Hazel G. Hudson, Rebecca G. Jenkins, Allison Elizabeth Kay, Cody M. King, Sara N. Landstrom, Cody J. Lowe, Corbett E. Moore, James R. Munford Jr., John A. Peters and Mary C. Smith;
- Turbeville - Michael Garrett and Neal Weaver; and
- Wedgefield - Olivia G. Maklary.
To be named to the Dean's List, a student achieved a grade-point average between 3.50 and 3.99 on a 4.0 scale.
The University of Alabama
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A total of 11,347 students enrolled during the 2018 spring semester at The University of Alabama were named to the Dean's List with an academic record of 3.5 or above or the President's List with an academic record of 4.0 (all As).
The UA Dean's and President's lists recognize full-time undergraduate students. The lists do not apply to graduate students or undergraduate students who take less than a full course load.
Sumter students named to the Dean's List are: Allison Claire Estep and Lyndsay Beverly Krebs.
Sumter students named to the President's List are: Xaviera J. Webb and Angela M. Williams.
GREENWOOD - Lander University announces the names of undergraduates who are recognized with the honor of making the Dean's List for their academic achievements during the spring semester of the 2017-18 school year. To qualify for the Dean's List, a student must earn a GPA between 3.5 and 3.9 over the course of the semester.
Local students named to the list are:
- Manning - Janette Murdoch;
- Lee - Madison Copeland;
- Dalzell - Jayla Lawson; and
- Sumter - Aubrey Mitchum, Emily Mulholland and Shantea Washington.
St. Anne and St. Jude Catholic School
Faith Olivia Livingston, daughter of Kristain Rembert-Livingston of Sumter and Lt. Col. Robert James Livingston of Norfolk, Virginia, will join other motivated and high-achieving students across the nation this summer to take part in a unique academic development experience, the National Youth Leadership Forum: Pathways to STEM, being held at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Faith was nominated by her vice principal, Denise Spivey, at St. Anne and St. Jude Catholic School in Sumter. Faith was also awarded an Envision scholarship and received the support of multiple sponsors. She is an honor roll student, National Junior BETA Club President, Student Senate representative, Quiz Bowl Team co-captain, yearbook staff member and Math Meet and Battle of the Books team member. She is a member of Holy House of Prayer Church, where she is Sunday School pianist and member of the Pastor Aid Committee, as well as St. Anne and St. Jude Catholic Church Youth Group.
More Articles to Read