FROM STAFF REPORTS
All South Carolinians aged 16 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and can schedule appointments. Currently, Pfizer is the only vaccine available to those aged 16-18. All three vaccines - Pfizer, Moderna and J&J/Janssen - are available to those aged 18 and older.
Visit scdhec.gov/vaxlocator to see the locations accepting vaccination appointments. To register for a DHEC-sponsored clinic, call the vaccine line at 1-866-365-8110 or visit https://cvas.dhec.sc.gov.
At this time, DHEC-sponsored clinics only administer Moderna vaccines.
For DHEC-sponsored clinics, there are two ways to register:
- Individuals can call the vaccine line at 1-866-365-8110 to register for DHEC-sponsored clinics.
- They may also register at https://cvas.dhec.sc.gov.
Clinics open for appointments:
- Tuesday, April 13 - Mayesville Medical Clinic, 35 N. Main St. E., Mayesville, SC 29104
- Wednesday, April 14 - Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, 155 Wall St., Sumter, SC 29150
- Wednesday, April 14, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; Thursday, April 15, 8: 30 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday, April 16, 8:30 a.m.-noon - 370 S. Pike West, Sumter, SC 29150
- Register: Go to https://www.tandemhealthsc.org/covid-19-vaccine/ and click "Start Your Vaccine Request." Call (803) 774-7894 for help and leave a voicemail.
- Wednesday, April 14 - Chappell Park, 397 Chappell Drive, Bishopville, SC 29010
Free community testing sites for COVID-19 scheduled for this week:
Central Carolina Technical College
- Where: 506 N. Guignard Drive, Sumter, SC 29150
- When: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily
- Sponsored by Tour Health
- Go to www.tourhealth.com to schedule an appointment.
- DHEC-sponsored COVID-19 testing will be open on weekdays at the Lee County Health Department, 810 Brown St., Bishopville, SC 29010, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Preregistration encouraged: visit https://scdhec.gov/gettested.
- DHEC-sponsored COVID-19 testing will be open on weekdays at the Clarendon County Health Department, 110 E. Boyce St., Manning, SC 29102, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Editor's note: This is not an exclusive list and was provided by DHEC. For a complete list, call DHEC's vaccine hotline at 1-866-365-8110, or go to https://vaxlocator.dhec.sc.gov/ for an interactive map.
More Articles to Read