To help ensure voters are prepared for the 2022 Statewide Primaries on June 14, the State Election Commission is reminding everyone of the fast-approaching voter registration deadlines and urging registered voters to update their information. With only a few days left before the deadline, now is the time to make sure you are registered to vote.
- Register online at scVOTES.gov before midnight on Sunday, May 15 (requires S.C. Driver's License or DMV ID Card).
- Download a voter registration form from scVOTES.gov. Complete and return the form to your county voter registration office:
- By fax or email attachment before midnight on Sunday, May 15.
- Mailed applications will be accepted if postmarked by Monday, May 16.
- Register in person at your county voter registration office. Most offices will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, May 13, for in-office registrations. Check locally for specific hours.
Anyone not currently registered to vote in their county of residence must register by the deadline, including those in the following categories:
- Anyone not registered who will be 18 years old on or before Nov. 8, 2022.
- Any voter who has moved to a new county and has not registered there.
- Any voter who has moved from another state and has not yet registered in South Carolina.
Take two minutes to check your registration at scVOTES.gov. If your registration is not current, submit a new voter registration application by the deadline.
State and local election officials are your trusted sources for election information.
Get contact information for your county voter registration office at scVOTES.gov.
More Articles to Read