The National School Breakfast and Lunch program beginning Sept. 2 requires that students are identified prior to receiving meals. Sumter School District will issue a meal card to each student who receives weekly meals. Please note, only Sumter School District students will be able to obtain meals under the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) at no cost.
Parents may register their children in one of the following ways: complete the Google Form at https://bit.ly/32n9Q5j, register at one of the meal distribution sites on Sept. 2 when the meals are retrieved, or call (803) 499-5950, Extension 107 or 108.
New cards will be distributed to students/parents/guardians each Wednesday at the selected bus stop or designated school based on the registration form.
If students/parents/guardians do not have their meal cards when they arrive to pick up meals, the designated food service employee on the bus or at the school site will ask for the student's name, school and lunch number. After verifying the student's information, the student will be allowed to receive meals.
For more information regarding the times of the distribution of meals, please visit http://sumterschools.net/reopening/distribution-of-meals.
Beginning Wednesday, Sept. 2, the weekly distribution of meals will begin at 9 a.m. and end at noon at the following locations: Crestwood High School, Hillcrest Middle School, Sumter High School, Cherryvale Elementary School, Crosswell Drive Elementary School, Chestnut Oaks Middle School, Willow Drive Elementary School, R.E. Davis College Preparatory Academy, Pocalla Springs Elementary School, Manchester Elementary School, Rafting Creek Elementary School, Bates Middle School, Oakland Primary School, Alice Drive Middle School, Kingsbury Elementary School and Wilder Elementary School.
Each Wednesday, students will receive breakfast and lunch for the entire week. To ensure food safety, please make sure meals are properly stored and refrigerated. When the parent/guardian or student picks up the meals, please provide the student's name, student's lunch number and the name of the school the student attends. (The student does not need to be present.)
Meals will also be delivered to specific areas of the community each Wednesday according to the following schedule:
- Iris Winds, 10 a.m.; Sherwood Forest, 10:30 a.m.
- Mary McLeod Bethune Library, 10:30 a.m.; Third Street, 11 a.m.
- Salterstown Center, 10 a.m.; Falcon Crest, 10:45 a.m.
- Shiloh Community Center, 10 a.m.; St. John's School, 10:45 a.m.
- Catchall Center, 10 a.m.; Oakland Primary, 10:45 a.m.; Shaw Heights, 11:15 a.m.
- Crescent Mobile Homes, 10 a.m.; American Mobile Homes, 10:45 a.m.
- J. Delaine Community Center, 10 a.m.
- Windsor City, 10 a.m.; Hunter's Crossing, 10:45 a.m.
- Frierson Mobile Homes, 10 a.m.; Ebenezer Center, 10:45 a.m.
- Whispering Meadows, 10 a.m.; Annie and Bush, 10:30 a.m.; Lee Altman, 11 a.m.
- Homestead, 10 a.m.; Cotton Acres, 10:45 a.m.; Cannery Road, 11:30 a.m.
- New Bethel Church, 10 a.m.; A&J Mobile Homes, 10:45 a.m.; Pack Road, 11 a.m.
- Pinewood Community Center, 10:30 a.m.; Pinewood Gardens, 11 a.m.
- Pioneer Drive, 10 a.m.; Country Springs, 10:30 a.m.; Havenwood, 11 a.m.; Pearson Road, 11:20 a.m.; Timmerman, 11:35 a.m.
- Wedgefield Post Office, 10:15 a.m.
- North HOPE Center, 10 a.m.; Trinity Baptist Church, 10:45 a.m.
- Lantana Apartments, 10:45 a.m.; Chestnut Point, 11:10 a.m.; Dillon Park, 11:30 a.m.
- South HOPE Center, 10 a.m.; Lemira Elementary, 10:45 a.m.
- Crosswell Drive Elementary, 10:15 a.m.; Harmony Court, 11 a.m.
- Jehovah FLE Center, 10:45 a.m.
- Birnie HOPE Center, 10 a.m.
- Coachman Apartments, 10:30 a.m.
- Millwood Elementary School, 10 a.m.
- Rembert Community Center, 10 a.m.
- Rembert Post Office, 10:30 a.m.
- Pisgah Cross Roads, 11:15 a.m.
More Articles to Read