Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 211 Alice Drive, announces:
- Thursday, Sept. 21 - Blood drive from 2 to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 30 - Pumpkin Palooza Day.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
- Friday, Sept. 15 - Monthly food giveaway at 1 p.m. While supplies last.
Knitting Hearts for Christ Ministry, which meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
- Saturday - Knitting Hearts for Christ will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. "Do You Want To Be Made Whole?" Brian and Kathie Lee will speak. For more than 30 years as both a pastor and an evangelist, Brian's passion for God and for people has taken him across denominational and racial lines. His practical teaching has challenged generations to pursue the heart of God and understand their potential in Christ. Kathie has a heart for people who are hurting. She is called to pray for the sick and has seen God perform miracles before her eyes. She has ministered alongside her husband, Brian, and watched God move in powerful ways to change lives. Find the group on Facebook or visit knittingheartsforchrist.wordpress.com.
Liberty Hill AME Church, 2310 Liberty Hill Road, Summerton, announces:
- Sunday, Sept. 24 - "To God Be the Glory," a celebration of our legacy of Christian hymns and the observance of the 250th anniversary of the hymn "Amazing Grace," will be held at 2 p.m. featuring the combined choirs of Liberty Hill AME Church and Summerton Presbyterian Church along with musicians, vocalists and instrumentalists from Clarendon, Sumter and Orangeburg counties.
Providence Baptist Church, 2445 Old Manning Road, announces:
- Saturday - Church-wide cleanup at 9 a.m.
- Sunday - Homecoming begins at 10 a.m. with gospel singing by "Just Three." Evangelist Scott Eadie will speak at 11 a.m. Lunch will be served at noon by the church youth.
- Saturday, Sept. 16 - Janie Chapman Walkathon from 9 to 10 a.m. and Youth Aqua Ball and Lunch from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Monday, Sept. 18 - Widows' luncheon at 11 a.m. in the fellowship hall.
- Sunday-Wednesday, Sept. 24-27 - Fall revival at 7 nightly with Dr. Jim Palmer, minister from Miles Road Baptist Church in Summerville, where he has served as senior pastor for 30 years. Special music and nursery nightly.
- The church is collecting T-shirts, flip-flops and socks during the month of September for Operation Christmas Child in conjunction with Samaritan's Purse.
Sumter First Church of the Nazarene, 3700 Patriot Parkway, announces:
- Saturday, Sept. 16 - Market on the Parkway craft show from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Indoor event featuring local crafters, home decor, gifts, baked goods, youth concessions, food truck, yard sale tables, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef and more.
Triumph the Church and Kingdom of God in Christ, 1285 Pearson Road, Davis Station, announces:
- Saturday, Sept. 16 - Community Outreach Celebration from noon to 5 p.m. at J.C. Britton Park, 3057 Raccoon Road, Manning. Event will feature free hot dogs and soda for the kids as well as Clarendon County Ministerial Alliance handbags with school supplies given out. Call Jasper Pompey at (803) 473-8301 for details or if you would like to be a vendor.
More Articles to Read