Sumter City Council will meet at 1 p.m. today in City Council Chambers, fourth floor of Sumter Opera House, 21 N. Main St., to consider first reading of the city's 2019 fiscal year budget.
Council will also consider:
- Second and final reading …
This item is available in full to subscribers
Click here to log in
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
If you aren't yet a subscriber,
click here to start a new subscription.
You also have the option of purchasing 24 hours of website access, for just 99 cents. *
Click here to continue.
* Full access is available from time of purchase through 11:59pm the following day
- Second and final reading of an ordinance to annex approximately 8.21 acres at 1501 Camden Highway into the city;
- Second reading of an ordinance to rezone 8.21 acres of land at 1501 Camden Highway from agricultural conservation to general commercial;
- Second reading of an ordinance to rezone 9.72 acres between 2810 and 2850 Broad St. from planned development to general commercial;
- Second reading of an ordinance to amend the mini-storage warehouse development conditions to permit a proposed mini-warehouse storage development site that exceeds the four-acre size limit and allows for two access points from Constitution Drive. In addition to revising the standards, the applicant also requests that city council consider approval of the major site plan for an 80,400-square-foot mini-storage facility and an 800-square-foot office at 430 Constitution Drive;
- First reading of an ordinance to amend the city's 2018 fiscal year budget;
- First reading of an ordinance to amend the 2018-19 Community Development Block Grant; and
- A resolution to amend a previously approved resolution that authorized the sale and consumption of beer and wine at multiple annual events this year.
More Articles to Read