Antioch United Methodist Church, 4040 Dubose Siding Road, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 14 - Annual day of festivities and fish fry 11 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be health information and screenings, blood pressure monitoring, games, refreshments and more.
Church of God by Faith Inc., 609 Atlantic Ave., announces:
* Today-Sunday - Annual October Assembly celebrating 90 years of faithful service at 7:30 nightly today and Saturday. There will be a health fair at 11 a.m. on Saturday and the assembly will conclude at 11 a.m. on Sunday. Loraine Baldwin, of Church of God by Faith of Palatka, Florida, and Elder James Ware, ruling elder of Church of God by Faith of Ocala, Florida district, will speak.
Clarendon County Ministerial Alliance, P.O. Box 811, Manning, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Annual banquet at 6 p.m. at Manning Junior High School.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday - Parents night out / elementary school lock-in 6 p.m.-8 a.m. Lock-in is for children ages 5-12. There will be adult supervision and lots of activities. Call (803) 565-1602 and leave a message for Barb if you need information.
* Sunday-Tuesday, Oct. 31 - Pumpkin Patch at the corner of Frierson Road and the U.S. 521 bypass (next to Tree House Nursery).
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Trunk or treat 6-8:30 p.m. Dinner included in the fellowship hall.
Ebenezer Presbyterian Church (USA), 4620 Queen Chapel Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday - The 150th church anniversary banquet will be held at 5 p.m. Former pastor the Rev. Herbert R. Shackelford, of Charlotte, North Carolina, will speak.
* Sunday - Homecoming worship at noon and musical program at 1:30 p.m. The Rev. Carnell Hampton will speak.
Emmanuel Prophetic Ministry and Next Generation Apostolic Ministry, 121 W. Cedar Lane, Bishopville, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 14 - Prayer, healing and deliverance service at 4 p.m. at the Bishopville Cotton Museum meeting room, 121 W. Cedar Lane. Speakers: Prophet David Glenn, Prophetess Lakisha McLeod and Minister Rowetta Glenn.
Fellowship Outreach Ministries, 1981 Florence Highway, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Oct. 19-20 - Pastor Teresa Baxter's anniversary will be celebrated at 7:30 nightly. Prophetess Angelia Stockton, of Palm Bay, Florida, will speak.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 15 - Family and friends day at 3:30 p.m. Bishop Lavern McKinney, of the Love Center of U.S. 521 South, will speak.
High Hills AME Church, 6780 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Saturday - Stopping the Violence: Domestic Violence Workshop at 9 a.m. Speakers include: Yolanda Wilson of the YWCA, Lt. Petrina Wiley of the Sumter County Sheriff's Office and Amanda Wiley, victim's advocate with the Sumter Police Department.
House of Judah Worship Center, 3890 White Oak Drive, Manning, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 21 - Minister of music appreciation service at 5 p.m. featuring the Heavenly Stars of Manning and other groups and choirs.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 14 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. until noon. Cindy Robison, Lizzy Lowe and Liz Goerski will each share how God forever changed their lives. All ladies of all ages are invited. A love offering will be received. Knitting Hearts is a community wide, multicultural women's ministry. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Liberty Free Will Baptist Church, 2761 Liberty Church Road, Manning, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming as follows: 10 a.m., singing old fashioned favorites; 10:45 a.m. break; 11 a.m. worship service; lunch will follow services. Covered dishes can be dropped off at the fellowship building at 9:30 a.m. The Rev. William Sealy will speak.
Mount Moriah United Methodist Church, 1379 Swimming Pen Road, Mayesville, announces:
* Sunday - The Sixth Annual 100 Men in Black program, sponsored by the Mount Moriah United Methodist Men, will be held at 3 p.m. Theme: "Men on the Move for Christ." The Rev. Dr. Reginald Lee, pastor of Mount Zion UM Church in Timmonsville as well as Florence and Marion districts congregational specialist, will speak.
Mount Sinai AME Church, 5895 Mt. Sinai Church Road, Lynchburg, announces:
* Sunday - The 66 books of the Bible during 10 a.m. worship.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Morris College Day worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Leroy Staggers, interim president of Morris College, will speak. The Morris College Chorale will provide music. There will be a "One Sumter" community meeting at 6:30 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 15 - Deacons / deaconess worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 22 - Mass choir's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Dr. Ricky Syndab will speak.
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - Youth worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. Minister Jake Sanders will speak.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Oct. 27-29 - The church will celebrate 155 years of service as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, Revival; 11 a.m. Saturday, fun day; and 9:30 a.m. Sunday, Bishop L. Jonathan Holston, resident bishop of the S.C. Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, will speak.
New Fellowship Covenant Ministries, 316 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 14 - Free clothes giveaway 9 a.m.-noon. Free snacks will also be given out.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 15 - Pack the pew program at 3:30 p.m. The Rev. Dr. Debbie Bowens-Davis, of Agape Fellowship AMEC of McBee, will speak.
St. James United Methodist Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Sunday, Oct. 15 - Pack the pew program at 4 p.m. The Rev. James C. Lane will speak.
St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 7650 Summerton Highway, Silver community, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - Deaconess birthday rally during morning service.
* Sunday, Oct. 15 - Youth choir anniversary at 3 p.m.
St. Phillip UME Church, 1458 St. Phillip UME Church Road, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - Pastor's anniversary program at 3 p.m. Dr. Aurellia G. Hill, of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Sumter Free Will Baptist Church, 971 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Today-Saturday - Yard sale at 7:30 a.m. each morning. There will be hot dogs, drinks and sweets available for purchase. Lots of large sizes.
Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, 155 Wall St., announces:
* Sunday - Prayer and worship 5-6:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, Oct. 11 - Pastor Dr. Cartrell Woods, of Salem Missionary Baptist Church, will speak at 7 p.m.
* Saturday, Oct. 14 - Family and friends day cookout 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
* Wednesday, Oct. 18 - Pastor Ralph Canty Sr., of Westend Community Church, will speak at 7 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 22 - Anniversary concert 5-7 p.m. to celebrate the 108th anniversary of the church.
* Wednesday, Oct. 25 - Pastor JoAnn Murrill, of Victory Full Gospel Interdenominational Church, will speak at 7 p.m.
* Sunday, Oct. 29 - The 108th church anniversary worship at 10 a.m. Pastor Thomas N. Howard, of Vestavia Hills, Alabama, will speak.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 28 - Women's conference 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Margaret Walker, Gardenia Sligh and Mary Smiling will speak.
Union Station AME Church, 945 S. Main St., announces:
* Boys and girls community coat drive. Sizes needed are 6 to 18. Drop coats off 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays through Nov. 15. Call (803) 775-8200 or email email@example.com.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Tuesday-Thursday, Oct. 10-12 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly. The Rev. Vincent Miller, of Tampa, Florida, will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Saturday, Oct. 14 - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Grace Revealed, Pastor Nat and Carleen Brown, and Burning Bridges.