Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Saturday, Nov. 18 - Fallfest 5-7 p.m. featuring Bible trivia, games, prizes and more.
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Educator's Day will be celebrated during 10 a.m. worship.
Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church, 4319 Rowe Drive, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday - The 77th (known) anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 2 p.m. The Rev. Ranzy McFadden, pastor of St. John Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Cedar Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 1275 Oswego Highway, announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - The 11th pastoral anniversary of Pastor Daniel Bennett Jr. will be celebrated at 4 p.m. Pastor Nathan Amos, pastor of New Birth Holiness Church, will speak.
Church of Christ, 313 Mooneyham Road, announces:
* Saturday, Dec. 9 - Family and friends night at 6 p.m., hosted by the China and Harvin families. The Rev. Leroy Blanding, of New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Church of God by Faith Inc., 609 Atlantic Ave., announces:
* Today-Sunday - The South Carolina District Assembly begins at 7:30 p.m. on Friday and concludes at 11 a.m. on Sunday.
Dalzell United Methodist Church, 3330 Black River Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Donations are being accepted for the annual Coats for Christ giveaway scheduled to be held 8-11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 18. Donations of gently used coats of all sizes, scarves, gloves, hats, blankets and socks (new) should be left on the back porch of Dorcas' Closet at the church. Call (803) 499-5190.
* Saturday, Nov. 18 - Coats for Christ giveaway 8-11 a.m. No application or qualifications. Call (803) 499-5190 with any questions.
Fellowship Outreach Ministries, 1981 Florence Highway, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Nov. 16-17 - Revival at 7:30 nightly. Apostle J.L. Gillians Jr., of Kingdom Assembly Ministries, will speak on Thursday and Pastor Teresa Baxter, of Lord of Lords of Hope Ministries, will speak on Friday.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - The 149th anniversary of the church will be observed at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Sammie D. Simmons will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 26 - Dr. Marla F. Frederick, professor of African American Studies and Study of Religion at Harvard University, will speak at 10:45 a.m.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Trustee ministry anniversary celebration at 3:30 p.m.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - The third pastoral anniversary of Pastor Donald Amis will be celebrated during the 10:15 a.m. worship. The Rev. O.J. Hannah, associate pastor of First Baptist Church, will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Deacons / deaconess ministry anniversary will be celebrated during the 10:15 a.m. worship. The Rev. Willie Dennis will speak.
Hopewell Baptist Church, 3285 Peach Orchard Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Pastoral anniversary celebration at 3 p.m. for Pastor Richard Addison's 11th anniversary.
Joshua Baptist Church, 5200 Live Oak Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Morris College day will be recognized at 10 a.m. The Rev. Eugene G. Dennis will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Ralph and Patti Banks Walden will speak. The Waldens have traveled around the world ministering to those who have experienced hurt, brokenness and barrenness. All ladies of all ages are invited. A love offering will be received. knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com
Mount Pisgah AME Church, 217 W. Bartlette St., announces:
* Sunday - A tribute in order of Veterans Day will be held at 10 a.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Youth choir anniversary worship celebration will be held at 10:45 a.m. Minister Roneika China-Jeanette will speak. The "One Sumter" community meeting will be held from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
* Wednesday, Nov. 15 - Golden Age pre-Thanksgiving fellowship / luncheon will be held at 10 a.m. The Rev. Ricky Syndab will speak.
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Widows / widowers ministry annual worship at 10:45 a.m.
Mount Zion United Methodist Church, 130 Loring Mill Road, announces:
* Sunday - UMW Celebration at 4 p.m. The Rev. Angela Ford Nelson will speak.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 S., announces:
* Sunday - Veterans Day program at 10 a.m. with a salute to all veterans.
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - The 143rd anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 10 a.m.
New Salem Baptist Church, 2500 W. Oakland Ave., announces:
* Sunday-Wednesday, Nov. 15 - Revival services at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Sunday and 7 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. The Rev. Johnny Muller, director of missions for Edisto Association, will speak.
New Testament Lighthouse Church, 1114 Boulevard Road, announces:
* Saturday - Gospel singing at 6 p.m. featuring Southern Redeemed.
* Sunday-Wednesday, Nov. 15 - Revival at 5 p.m. on Sunday and 7:30 nightly Monday-Wednesday. The Rev. Lloyd Morgan will speak.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Tuesday, Nov. 21 - Pre-Thanksgiving worship at 7 p.m.
Summerton United Methodist Church, 2 Briggs St., Summerton, announces:
* Donations of gently used coats, winter clothing and blankets are being accepted for the "Coats from Christ" outreach ministry. Donations may be dropped off 9 a.m.-noon Monday-Wednesday at the church office. Last day to drop off items is Nov. 15. Call Jena Davis at (803) 478-4230 and your call will be returned.
Tiverton Missionary Baptist Church, 2420 Old Charleston Road, Wedgefield, announces:
* Sunday - The pastor's seventh anniversary will be celebrated at 3:30 p.m. Bishop Sylvester Francis, of St. Peter Baptist Church and Crossroads Christian Fellowship Ministries, will speak.
Truly Committed Missionary Baptist Church, 705 Oswego Road, announces:
* Sunday - The ninth anniversary of the church will be celebrated at 3 p.m. Pastor Harry Clark, of Mount Calvary Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Union Station AME Church, 945 S. Main St., announces:
* Boys and girls community coat drive. Sizes needed are 6 to 18. Drop coats off 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays through Nov. 15. Call (803) 775-8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walker Avenue Church of God, 100 Walker Ave., announces:
* Sunday, Nov. 19 - Homecoming celebration will be held at 11 a.m. Brother Richard Bernard Fortune, district manager of retails for Dollar Tree Inc., will speak.
West End Community Church, 101 S. Salem St., announces:
* The West End Community Clothes Closet has new hours of 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Clothes and shoes can be dropped off during these hours. For pick up, call (803) 795-3600.
More Articles to Read