Agape Outreach Ministries, 100 E. Red Bay Road, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - The unity choir's annual anniversary celebration at 4 p.m.
Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 9-11 - Revival at 7 nightly. Speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Robert China, of Liberty Hill AME Church; Thursday, the Rev. Jeanette Collins, of LaGree AME Church; and Friday, the Rev. Dr. Willie Wade.
* Sunday, Aug. 13 - Homecoming at 4 p.m. The Rev. Keith Mayes, of High Hills AME Church, will speak.
Church of God by Faith Inc., 609 Atlantic Ave., announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - South Carolina District Elder Mack Wilson's anniversary celebration at 6 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. on Sunday. Lorain (Punch) Baldwin will provide music.
Edwin Boyle Santee Summer Ministry, 1098 Lemon Ave., Manning, (across from Camp Bob Cooper), announces:
* Sundays through Sept. 3 - Outdoor interdenominational worship service will be held at 9:30 a.m. for those who spend summer weekends at Lake Marion. Check us out on Facebook.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Sunday - Communion worship service at 10 a.m. Sunday school begins at 9 a.m.
* Friday, Aug. 18 - Fashion show and shoe rally at 7 p.m. Entertainment includes a religious comedian, the Biblical word and praise dancers. Prizes, awards and refreshments. Donation of $1 per shoe size.
Fellowship Outreach Ministries, 1891 Florence Highway, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Aug. 17-18, and Sunday, Aug. 20 - Celebration for the 45th anniversary of Apostle Vinetta Evans as follows: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, various speakers; 7:30 p.m. Friday, Bishop John Brown, of New Beginning Christian Outreach of Florence will speak; and 3 p.m. Sunday, Pastor Andre Baxter, of Lord of Lords of Hope Ministries of Manning, will speak.
Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 182 S. Pike East, announces:
* Saturday - Women in the Pulpit Empowerment Conference 2017 beginning at 8:30 a.m. with registration. Speakers: Dr. Hashonah Lockette, Dr. Kimberly Ferguson, Pastor Sheila B. Neal, Minister Teresa Hicks, Ms. Beulah and Minister Jennifer Cook. There will also be praise dancers, worship and more.
High Hills AME Church, 6780 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday-Wednesday, Aug. 13-16 - Revival at 7 nightly. Pastor Marvin C. Landers, of Saint Paul AME Church in Jacksonville, Florida, will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Holy communion will follow 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Sunday, Aug. 13 - Ushers' anniversary program during 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Saturday, Aug. 19 - Back-to-school extravaganza from 10 a.m. to noon.
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - Homecoming during 10:15 a.m. worship. The Rev. Dr. Marvin Vaught, pastor of Galilee Baptist Church of Haughton, Louisiana, will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 12 - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. The "Surrendered Drama Team" of Lake City will minister through drama, testimony and music. A love offering will be received. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Love Covenant Church, 245 Oswego Road, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - Founders appreciation day celebrating 23 years of ministry at 11 a.m.
Mount Sinai AME Church, 5895 Mt. Sinai Church Road, Lynchburg, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming at 10 a.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Evangelist Savitrus McFadden will speak at 6 p.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 13 - Back-to-school worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 27 - Usher ministry's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Johnnie M. Gist will speak.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 S., announces:
* Today - Back-to-school youth revival and praise at 7 p.m.
* Saturday - Back-to-school bash 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. featuring workshops and school supplies.
* Saturday, Aug. 26 -Church school workshop at 9:30 a.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 27 - Church school annual day program at 9 a.m.
New Birth Holiness Church, 42 Larkin St., announces:
* Sunday - Celebration at 3 p.m. for the pastor's 21st anniversary. Apostle James Dawkins of Taylor will speak.
New Covenant Presbyterian Church, 907 Legare St., announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 12 - Flea market / fish fry 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Pine Grove AME Church, 41 Pine Grove Road, Rembert, announces:
* Sunday-Friday, Aug. 11 - Revival at 7 nightly. The Rev. Adam Lamont China will speak.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 13 - 100 Women in White worship service at 3 p.m. Pastor Dorothy Maple, of Community Church of Praise, will speak.
St. James United Methodist Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Aug. 10-11 - Youth Revival at 7 nightly. Theme: Focusing youth for Christ. Minister Adonikan Hudson of Timmonsville will speak on Thursday. Various praise dancers and steppers will perform on Friday.
* Sunday-Tuesday, Aug. 27-29 - Revival as follows: 6 p.m. Sunday, the Rev. Elvia C. Gadson of Columbia will speak; 7 p.m. Monday, the Rev. Millie Nelson Smith will speak; and 7 p.m. Tuesday, the Rev. James Smith will speak.
St. John Baptist Church, 3944 Brewer Road, Manning, announces:
* Saturday - Kidney transplant fundraiser for Annette Henry at 6 p.m. On the program: The Heavenly Angels, The Soul Revivers, The Sons of Faith and more.
St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 102 W. Clark St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 13 - The male chorus will celebrate its fourth anniversary at 4 p.m. On the program: Ernest Pearson and the Singing Disciples, the Sumter County Sheriff's Office Gospel Choir and others.
St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 7650 Summerton Highway, Silver community, Pinewood, announces:
* Friday-Sunday, Aug. 11-13 - The 18th anniversary of the Rev. Willie J. Chandler will be celebrated as follows: 7 p.m. Friday, the Rev. Dr. Curtis Cantey, of Aimwell Missionary Baptist Church of Pamplico, will speak; 4 p.m. Saturday, anniversary banquet at Taw Caw Outreach Community Center in Summerton, Dr. D.L. Grant Sr., moderator of Jerusalem Baptist Association of Andrews, will speak; and 3 p.m. Sunday, The Rev. Dane Harris, of The Body of Christ Church Ministries of Columbia, will speak.
St. Matthew Missionary Baptist Church, 1715 S. Guignard Drive, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 16-18 - Revival at 7 nightly. The Rev. Hazel Charles, of Nebo Baptist Church in Alcolu, will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3632 Broad St. Ext., announces:
* Friday, Aug. 18 - Ignite service at 7 p.m. Dr. Inga Nelson of Charlotte will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Sunday-Wednesday, Aug. 20-23 - Revival at 11 a.m. Sunday and 6 nightly through Wednesday. Pastor Nat Brown and Evangelist Dean Asaro will speak. Special singing nightly.
Willow Grove AME Church, 8105 A/B Sumter Landing Road, Horatio, announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 26 - Banquet to honor the Rev. Wallace and Mrs. Gloria Preston at 4 p.m. at Catchall Lodge No. 425, Dalzell. RSVP tickets $20.