Agape Outreach Ministries, 100 E. Red Bay Road, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - The unity choir's annual anniversary celebration at 4 p.m.
Allen Chapel AME Church, 471 Lynam Road, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming at 4 p.m. The Rev. Wallace Preston, of Willow Grove AME Church, will speak.
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - The Divine Inspiration choir will hold a dinner sale immediately after the 10 a.m. worship. Cost is $8 per dinner.
Antioch Missionary Baptist Church, 2571 Joseph Lemon-Dingle Road, Jordan community, Manning, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - Back-to-school praise and worship service, sponsored by the youth department, at 10 a.m.
Asbury United Methodist Church, 355 Pudding Swamp Road, Lynchburg, announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 26 - Women's conference from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Speakers: Angela G. Foxworth, life coach; Carletta S. Isreal, senior consultant with South Carolina First Steps; and the Rev. Angela Ford Nelson, pastor of Good Hope Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church of Camden.
Bethel AME Church, 219 E. Calhoun St., announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming celebration at 10:30 a.m.
Canaan Missionary Baptist Church, 774 Douglas Ave., announces:
* Thursday, Aug. 17 - Youth giveaway and service "Pushing Through" from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Friday, Aug. 18 - Men's planning meeting "We are Men" from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Saturday, Aug. 19 - Prayer breakfast "When Mother's Pray" from 8 to 11 a.m.
* Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 13-15 - Fall Revival at 7 nightly.
Clarendon County Ministerial Alliance, Manning, announces:
* Saturday - Meeting at 9 a.m. at McLeod Health Clarendon Fitness Center Classroom, 50 E. Hospital St., Manning.
Ebenezer AME Church, 119 E. Sumter St., Mayesville, announces:
* Sunday - Homecoming celebration at 1:30 p.m. The Rev. Dr. James S. Cooper, presiding elder of the Sumter District, will speak.
Edwin Boyle Santee Summer Ministry, 1098 Lemon Ave., Manning, (across from Camp Bob Cooper), announces:
* Sundays through Sept. 3 - Outdoor interdenominational worship service will be held at 9:30 a.m. for those who spend summer weekends at Lake Marion. Check us out on Facebook.
Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 421 S. Main St., announces:
* Friday, Aug. 18 - Fashion show and shoe rally at 7 p.m. Entertainment includes a religious comedian, the Biblical word and praise dancers. Prizes, awards and refreshments. Donation of $1 per shoe size.
Faith Outreach Assembly, 42 Callen Drive, announces:
* Sunday-Friday, Aug. 20-25 - Revival at 6 p.m. on Sunday and 7 nightly Monday-Friday. Evangelist Keith Speed will speak.
Fellowship Outreach Ministries, 1891 Florence Highway, announces:
* Thursday-Friday, Aug. 17-18, and Sunday, Aug. 20 - Celebration for the 45th anniversary of Apostle Vinetta Evans as follows: 7:30 p.m. Thursday, various speakers; 7:30 p.m. Friday, Bishop John Brown, of New Beginning Christian Outreach of Florence will speak; and 3 p.m. Sunday, Pastor Andre Baxter, of Lord of Lords of Hope Ministries of Manning, will speak.
First Baptist Missionary Church, 219 S. Washington St., announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 23-25 - Revival. Dinner will be served from 6-6:50 nightly followed by 7 p.m. service. The Rev. Aaron Brown, pastor of Unity Missionary Baptist Church of Eutawville, will speak.
Full Proof Healing Deliverance Ministry, 328 W. Liberty St., announces:
* Tuesday, Aug. 15 - Ignition prayer service at 6 p.m. Prophetess Talitha Harrison will speak.
* Friday, Aug. 18 - "A night with the King" at 7:30 p.m. Pastor Kimberly King, of Restoration Word Church, will speak.
* Saturday, Aug. 26 - Men's fellowship "Risen Kings of Judah" at 10 a.m.
* Tuesday, Aug. 29 - Ignition prayer service at 6 p.m. Prophetess Talitha Harrison will speak.
Goodwill Presbyterian Church USA, 295 N. Brick Church Road, Mayesville, announces:
* Saturday-Sunday - Celebration for the 150th anniversary of the church as follows: 1 p.m. Saturday at Mount Zion Enrichment Center, 315 Fulton St.; and 11 a.m. Sunday at Goodwill Presbyterian Church USA. Dr. J. Herbert Nelson II will speak.
High Hills AME Church, 6780 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday-Wednesday, Aug. 16 - Revival at 7 nightly. Pastor Marvin C. Landers, of Saint Paul AME Church in Jacksonville, Florida, will speak.
High Hills Missionary Baptist Church, 6750 Meeting House Road, Dalzell, announces:
* Sunday - Ushers' anniversary program during 10:15 a.m. worship.
* Saturday, Aug. 19 - Back-to-school extravaganza from 10 a.m. to noon.
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - Homecoming during 10:15 a.m. worship. The Rev. Dr. Marvin Vaught, pastor of Galilee Baptist Church of Haughton, Louisiana, will speak.
Knitting Hearts Ministry, meets at Bethesda Church of God, 2730 Broad St., announces:
* Saturday - Knitting Hearts will meet from 10 a.m. to noon. Laura Boyington and the "Surrendered" Drama Team of Lake City will minister through drama, testimony and music. A love offering will be received. Light breakfast included. Nursery provided for ages 5 and under. Visit knittingheartsministry.wordpress.com.
Love Covenant Church, 245 Oswego Road, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - Founders appreciation day celebrating 23 years of ministry at 11 a.m.
Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 325 Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Back-to-school worship celebration at 10:45 a.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 27 - Usher ministry's anniversary worship celebration at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Johnnie M. Gist will speak.
New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 3249 U.S. 15 S., announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 26 -Church school workshop at 9:30 a.m.
* Sunday, Aug. 27 - Church school annual day program at 9 a.m.
New Covenant Presbyterian Church, 907 Legare St., announces:
* Saturday - Flea market / fish fry 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
New Hope UME Church, 19022 Panola Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - Homecoming at 2 p.m. featuring the Rev. Joe Gamble and choir.
One Step Christian Ministries, 125 S. Nettles St., Bishopville, announces:
* Sunday - Pack-the-pew family day at 11:15 a.m. with praises, dinner and the word of God. Elder Louis Stacks, of Word International Ministry, will speak.
* Sunday, Aug. 20 - Building fund seed service at 3:30 p.m. The Rev. Aurelia Hill, of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, will speak.
Reid Chapel AME Church, 1008 Dibert St., announces:
* Sunday - 100 Women in White worship service at 3 p.m. Pastor Dorothy Maple, of Community Church of Praise, will speak.
Salem Missionary Baptist Church, 320 W. Fulton St., announces:
* Sunday - Back-to-school bash from noon to 3 p.m. Pastor C.W. Woods will speak.
Spring Hill AME Church, 4309 Bill Davis Road, Summerton, announces:
* Sunday, Sept. 3 - Trustee Day in memory of the Rev. J.A. DeLaine at 4 p.m. Bishop Samuel L. Green Sr. will speak.
St. James AME Church, 180 W. Fulton Manning Road, Pinewood, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 16-18 - Revival at 7 nightly with speakers as follows: Wednesday, the Rev. Albert Thompson; Thursday, the Rev. Malcolm Simpson; and Friday, the Rev. Dr. Sammie Simmons.
St. James United Methodist Church, 720 Broad St., announces:
* Today - Youth Revival at 7 p.m. Theme: Focusing youth for Christ. Various praise dancers and steppers will perform.
* Sunday-Tuesday, Aug. 27-29 - Revival as follows: 6 p.m. Sunday, the Rev. Elvia C. Gadson of Columbia will speak; 7 p.m. Monday, the Rev. Millie Nelson Smith will speak; and 7 p.m. Tuesday, the Rev. James Smith will speak.
St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 102 W. Clark St., Pinewood, announces:
* Sunday - The male chorus will celebrate its fourth anniversary at 4 p.m. On the program: Ernest Pearson and the Singing Disciples, the Sumter County Sheriff's Office Gospel Choir and others.
St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 7650 Summerton Highway, Silver community, Pinewood, announces:
* Today-Sunday - The 18th anniversary of the Rev. Willie J. Chandler will be celebrated as follows: 7 p.m. today, the Rev. Dr. Curtis Cantey, of Aimwell Missionary Baptist Church of Pamplico, will speak; 4 p.m. Saturday, anniversary banquet at Taw Caw Outreach Community Center in Summerton, Dr. D.L. Grant Sr., moderator of Jerusalem Baptist Association of Andrews, will speak; and 3 p.m. Sunday, the Rev. Dane Harris, of The Body of Christ Church Ministries of Columbia, will speak.
St. Matthew Missionary Baptist Church, 1715 S. Guignard Drive, announces:
* Wednesday-Friday, Aug. 16-18 - Revival at 7 nightly. The Rev. Hazel Charles, of Nebo Baptist Church in Alcolu, will speak.
Triumph Ministries, 3632 Broad St. Ext., announces:
* Friday, Aug. 18 - Ignite service at 7 p.m. Dr. Inga Nelson of Charlotte will speak.
Walker's Chapel Freewill Baptist Church, 99 Walter Ave., announces:
* Sunday-Wednesday, Aug. 20-23 - Revival at 11 a.m. Sunday and 6 nightly through Wednesday. Pastor Nat Brown and Evangelist Dean Asaro will speak. Special singing nightly.
Wayman Chapel AME Church, 160 N. Kings Highway, announces:
* Sunday - Pastor appreciation service at 10:15 a.m.
* Monday-Wednesday, Aug. 21-23 - Revival at 7 nightly. Pastor Willie A. Wright Jr. will speak.
Willow Grove AME Church, 8105 A/B Sumter Landing Road, Horatio, announces:
* Saturday, Aug. 26 - Banquet to honor the Rev. Wallace and Mrs. Gloria Preston at 4 p.m. at Catchall Lodge No. 425, Dalzell. RSVP tickets $20.
More Articles to Read